HERO SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Nominees must be of Filipino heritage;
2. Must be of high moral character;
3. A proven Leader of the Filipino-American Community;
4. Has made numerous and significant contributions to causes that have benefited the welfare and development of the Philippines or Filipino-American community, and/or exemplifies the talent and industry of the Filipino, bringing the country honor and recognition through excellence and distinction in the pursuit of their work or profession, and
5. Actions have brought greater public awareness and appreciation of the contributions of Filipino-Americans to the greater community.
1. Three Hero awardees will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of Fil-Am community leaders and past Kalayaan SCE Hero award recipients.
2. Awardees will be presented to the public during the Philippine Independence Day Gala on June 14, 2019 and during the KalayaanSF Festival on June 22, 2019.
3. Each awardee will be presented with a round-trip economy-class ticket (San Francisco to Manila) and a one-night stay at the five-star Omni Hotel’s luxurious California Suite in downtown San Francisco.